Baharat Beef Kabobs
Simple recipe for making baharat kabobs.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- 2 pounds Beef (chuck was used here but this will be good with ribeye, filet, or sirloin)
- 2–3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp Baharat
- 1 onion (cut in large pieces)
- 2 bell peppers (cut in large pieces)
- Cut the beef into cubes and place in zip-lock bag or container. Add olive oil and baharat and mix until the cubes are coated. Refrigerate overnight
- While grill is warming you can skewer the kabobs, alternating with what ever vegetables you would like to add. In this case I used bell pepper and onion.
- Set up your grill for indirect cooking or on a gas grill set the grill on low heat. In this case I put the kabobs in the smoking chamber of my smoker. On a kettle grill simply place the kabobs on the cool side.
- cook the kabobs on low for 15-30 minutes. If the temps are under 300 you can cook for 30 minutes. If the temp is higher you will need to cook for less time.
- Transfer the kabobs to direct heat and sear them to finish turning often to avoid burning. For a gas grill simply crank the heat to the highest setting. For a grill or smoker cook directly over fire. This will take about 5-10 minutes depending on the desired doneness. Make sure to pull them before fully finished as they will finish coming to temp while resting.
- After cooking cover/wrap the kabobs in foil and let rest for 10-15 minutes.