A perfect compliment to any fall dinner. Served with tandoori chicken and spinach, this plate was well under 500 calories.
A friend recently posted a baked cauliflower dish on their Facebook page and I was tagged by another friend indicating they like to make this with a mix of Pumpkin Pie Spice and Curry Powder. I was inspired and decided to cook it immediately.
- Preheat the oven to 425F
- Cut up the cauliflower into bite size pieces and set aside
- Beat the egg, add yogurt if you are using it and beat together with a whisk
- Add the pumpkin pies spice and curry powder to the egg mixture and mix to combine
- Toss the cauliflower into the mixture and coat evenly
- Sprinkle with flour or Panko again making sure to coat evenly
- Spread on a lightly greased cookie sheet
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until crispy and browned
- I made an optional curry yogurt sauce for serving: 4 tbsp of yogurt, 1 tsp honey, 1 12 tsp of curry powder. This is optional but quite good.
This is a super easy and very healthy dish that pleases one and all. You could easily change the spices you use, but I urge you to try this dish in all its fall-flavored glory. One note, the original post called for Panko breadcrumbs, which I didn’t have, so I used all purpose flour. I believe Panko would make it a little crispier and I will be using Panko next time.
- Cuisine: vegetables