A friend recently posted a baked cauliflower dish on their facebook page and I was tagged by another friend indicating they like to make this with a mix of Pumpkin Pie Spice and Curry Powder. I was inspired and decided to cook it immediately This is a .super easy and very healthy dish that sure pleases one and all. From the time I left the Pinch workshop to plating was less than two hours, ,making this is a perfect weeknight dish. You could easily change the spices you use, but I urge you to try this dish in all it’s fall flavored glory. One note, the original post called for panko breadcrumbs, which I didn’t have, so I used all purpose flour. I believe panko would make it a little crispier and I will be using panko next time.
Baked Pumpkin Curry Cauliflower
This is a tasty, super simple, and healthy side dish. A perfect compliment to any fall dinner.
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1-2 tbsp yogurt (optional)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 head cauliflower (cut into pieces)
- 4 tbsp flour or panko
- 1 tsp salt (optional)
- preheat the oven to 425F
- Cut up the cauliflower into bite size pieces and set aside
- Beat the egg, add yogurt if you are using it and beat together with a whisk
- Add the pumpkin pies spice and curry powder to the egg mixture and mix to combine
- toss the cauliflower into the mixture and coat evenly
- sprinkle with flour or panko again making sure to coat evenly
- spread on a lightly greased cookie sheet
- bake for 30-35 minutes until crispy and browned
- I made an optional curry yogurt sauce for serving. 4 tbsp of yogurt, 1 tsp honey, 1 12 tsp of curry powder. This is optional but was quite good. Served with tandoori chicken and spinach this plate was well under 500 calories.