No products in the cart
Cajun Chicken Salad (Low Carb Lettuce Wrap!)
An homage to the traditional flavor profile of Louisiana cuisine, this chicken salad brings layered seasoning, moderate heat, and a satisfying richness. Say goodbye to regular chicken salad, and welcome to the Bayou!
We made this as a lettuce wrap to stay low-carb, but as you can see from the instructions below, there’s lots of ways to enjoy it.
- Prep Time: 20
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Chicken
- Cuisine: Cajun
For the Seasoned Mayo:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ Tablespoon Buffy’s Slayer Helper (Garlic Lover’s Seasoning)
- ½ Tablespoon dried parsley
- ½ Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ Tablespoon Louisiana style hot sauce
- ½ tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Few grinds of fresh ground black pepper
For the Chicken Salad:
- 1-pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 Tablespoons of Pinch Yo’ Mama Cajun Seasoning
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ⅓ cup diced red bell pepper (green for a more traditional Cajun approach if you like, but red lends a milder balanced flavor to this recipe)
- ⅓ cup diced celery (even more if you like a lot of crunch)
- Combine all ingredients for seasoned mayo and let sit in refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Bake chicken breast until cooked. Let rest and while slightly warm, dice and then sprinkle with Pinch Yo’ Mama Cajun seasoning. Stir thoroughly.
- Stir in onion, bell pepper and celery.
- Stir in seasoned mayo. Place in refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Enjoy as a lettuce wrap, or on French bread dressed with lettuce, tomato and sliced dill pickles.
Lagniappe (a little something extra): Try adding in diced green onions, diced jalapeños, or shredded cheddar cheese.