No products in the cart
Crispy Tofu Stir Fry
This recipe is a quick, easy and cost friendly addition to your weeknight meals. Ramen noodles can be easily substituted with rice, quinoa, or any other noodle type. The slightly spicy, smoky, sweet and tangy combo will make everyone happy, and the crispy tofu is a super easy way to add tasty protein.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Ramen
- Cuisine: Asian
- 1 12.3 ounces firm tofu, pressed and cut into cubes
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons nutritional yeast. If you don’t have nutritional yeast, you can sub corn starch. Nutritional yeast not only adds cheesy umami flavor, but it’s also high in B12.
- 1/4 teaspoon Pinch Porcini Salt
- 2 packages Instant Ramen Noodles, set aside flavor packet
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 14.4 ounces frozen stir fry vegetables
- 4 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 Tablespoons agave syrup, or honey for non-vegans
- 1 Tablespoon Gochugaru
- 1 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
- 2 cloves garlic chopped finely
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes, optional
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- Preheat oven to 400. To press tofu: cut tofu in half widthwise to create two cutlets. Wrap in clean kitchen towel or paper towels and set a cutting board on top. Add weight to the cutting board, like a couple cans of soup, (for your family). Let sit for 30 minutes (now’s a good time to start on the sauce). Then cut the tofu into 1-inch squares.
- In a medium bowl, add olive oil and porcini salt to the tofu and gently mix until coated.
- Add Nutritional yeast to the tofu and toss until coated.
- Spread tofu nuggets onto a parchment lined or greased cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes. I used my air fryer which took about 10 minutes at 400.
- Remove nuggs from the oven, turn them over and bake for another 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Sauce & Final Dish Instructions:
- In a small bowl, add all sauce ingredients and stir until mixed thoroughly
- In a 10 inch non-stick pan, (or whatever sautee pan you have… cast iron works,) on medium high heat, add sauce mixture and reduce until you can make a clean line on the pan with your spoon.
- Add frozen vegetables and half of the water. Stir and cover until thawed through. Turn down to Medium heat.
- Add the corn starch to the remaining liquid and add to the vegetables, stirring until sauce is thickened. Take off heat.
- Cook ramen noodles in salted water with baking soda according to package directions. Adding a bit of baking soda to the cooking water adds additional bounciness and chewyness to instant noodles.
- Add noodles to a bowl, top with sauced veggies and crispy tofu.