No products in the cart
Protein-Packed Garlic Lime & Cilantro Burrito Bowl
Work-heavy days and cold nights call for a steamy, protein and veggie-packed burrito bowl for dinner. This one is bright, filling and super satisfying. Add chilies of your choice if you want to fire it up with some heat.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings 1x
- 3–4 chicken breasts, cubed (we used Quorn chicken alternative)
- 2 cups rice
- 5–6 big handfuls of spinach
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1–2 bunches cilantro, rough chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1–2 yellow bell peppers, diced
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of corn
- 3–5 Tablespoons of Pinch’s organic Texas Mojo seasoning, which is black pepper, garlic granules, minced garlic, orange zest, cumin, minced onion, sea salt and Texan Pequin chili (or you can use your favorite Mexican, Caribbean or South American spice blend)
- Black pepper and salt to taste
- Olive oil
- Optional: Add diced serrano peppers, jalapeños or other spicy peppers if you want some heat.
- Cook rice (we use a rice cooker) with required water, about 3/4 of the lime juice, cilantro and salt and pepper.
- Drain and rinse the beans and corn. Toss into a pan with 1 cup water and 1 Teaspoon Texas Mojo. Cook on medium high, stirring occasionally.
- In a large pan, heat a few Tablespoons of olive oil on medium high. Toss in onion and bell pepper (and optional spicy peppers). Cook until onion becomes translucent. Add garlic. Cook/stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Crack pepper over it, sprinkle with a little salt and 1-2 Tablespoons Texas Mojo.
- Fold spinach into the pan and pour 1/4 cup water on top. Let spinach wilt as the water evaporates.
- Cook the chicken. Heat a frying pan on medium high with olive oil. Add cubed chicken with generous cracks of black pepper and 1 Tablespoon Texas Mojo. Cook thoroughly until browned.
- While chicken cooks, drain liquid from the beans/corn, then toss into the pan with the spinach, onion and bell pepper. Add a little salt and Texas Mojo. Keep on low/medium heat.
- When the rice and chicken are done, assemble the burrito bowls. Rice on bottom, veggies in middle and chicken on top. Sprinkle with Texas Mojo and splash with a little of the remaining lime juice. Enjoy!