No products in the cart
Grilled Harissa Chicken
This sweet and spicy chicken brings the flavors of North Africa to American BBQ. While this is a spicy dish, it’s also balanced by the sweetness of BBQ sauce and most people will love it. We use chicken thighs in this recipe but it works great with wings, quarters, breasts or even tofu.
Bring something a little different to your next barbecue with Make this spicy, sweet and delicious grilled chicken with 5 simple ingredients…
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55
- Category: Food & Drink
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: African, American
- 2 pounds of chicken thighs
- 4 Tablespoons organic Harissa seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 cup BBQ sauce of your choice
- At least 8 hours before grilling (best to prep overnight), mix 2 Tablespoons of Harissa spice mix, cooking oil and vinegar/lemon juice in a small bowl to make a Harissa paste.
- Coat the chicken well with the paste and refrigerate until you’re ready to cook.
- Mix remaining Harissa mix and BBQ sauce in a small bowl.
- Set up your grill for indirect cooking.
- Sear chicken thighs over the hot part of the grill, cooking 2-3 minutes per side
- Move the chicken to the cool part of the grill, skin side up, and brush with BBQ sauce. Cover the grill and cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and brush with additional BBQ sauce. Cover again, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Flip chicken one more time and brush with BBQ sauce. Cover and cook until finished (165F). Grilling times vary, but it’s usually fully cooked in 30-45 minutes. I like to brush BBQ sauce on a few more times during this time.
- Serving Size: 4