No products in the cart
Mrs Pinch & Buffy’s Pressure Cooker Chicken Broccoli Casserole
A warm, quick savory meal at the end of a busy day sometimes just hits the spot. While this isn’t a traditionally creamy rice and broccoli, it’s is a healthy addition to the weekly meal plan.
I like to use my pressure cooker to make a bunch of precooked chicken at the beginning of the week to add to recipes. Otherwise, you can use any leftover chicken or shredded chicken… or nothing at all if you’re vegetarian!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Casserole
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups skinless boneless chicken thighs, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 teaspoons Mrs. Pinch Spice Mix
- 1 cup grated cheese. I used Italian blend, but this is dealer’s choice
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 2 chicken boullion cubes. Note: You can substitute ready-made chicken or veggie stock for boullion and water
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoons Buffy’s Slayer Helper Garlic Spice Blend
- Add all ingredients to pressure cooker. Stir to combine.
- Add pressure cooker lid and cook pressure on High for 12 minutes
- Add mixture to a 9×13″ Baking dish. Set aside. Turn broiler on High. I am fortunate enough to have an air fryer lid to my pressure cooker. If you do, too, you can skip this step.
- In a separate small bowl, combine Panko, Olive oil, and Buffy’s Slayer Helper.
- Sprinkle topping on rice mixture and spread evenly.
- Set casserole under broiler for 1-3 minutes, watching to make sure it doesn’t burn, until brown and toasty. If you have an air fryer lid, place on the pressure cooker, and use Broiler setting for 1-3 minutes, or until golden brown.