No products in the cart
I grew up in Western New York, Rochester to be exact, right in the heart of chicken wing country. I love wings, I just love them and I am often disappointed when I order them from a restaurant, so I tend to just make them at home.
While I am down to deep fry them and make them the traditional way, that makes a huge mess and really doesn’t make sense to use all that oil just to cook up a dozen wings. Enter the air fryer. Yup, the little appliance I thought I would never use and now find myself using for a lot of different meals. While not exactly like deep friend wings, the air fryer gets really close with so much less work and MESS.
With the a streamlined method, I now find myself making wings a lot more and taking the time to experiment with my wing sauce. A month ago I stumbled onto something amazing. Tikka Masala chicken wings. I was making a standard wings sauce (butter and hot sauce) and I saw a tin of Tikka Masala and a light bulb went off.
Now this is my go to chicken wing recipe and it is delicious. The Tikka spice adds a nice sweetness and depth of flavor. You can also make a super spicy wing sauce with our flaming hot Vindaloo seasoning swapped for the Tikka Masala.
- 12 chicken wings
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1 Tablespoon Spice Melange
Indian Wing Sauce:
- Coat wings in corn starch and spice melange and let sit for 30 minutes
- Place wings in air fryer basket and space them evenly apart. It’s important that air can flow evenly around the wings. Set the air fryer to cook at 390 F and cook for 16-20 minutes. Times vary with different machines. I find 18 minutes to be the perfect cook time.
- Half way through cooking, flip the wings.
- While the wings are cooking combine the hot sauce, butter, tikka masala or vindaloo and ketchup in a bowl. Microwave until butter is melted, approximately 1 minute or cook in a saucepan on medium low heat.
- Place cooked wings in a mixing bowl, add sauce and mix to thoroughly combine.
- Serve with carrot sticks and homemade ranch dressing
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: air fryer
- Cuisine: American