No products in the cart
One of the most common questions I get from our customers is, “Can this be used to make vegetarian food?” So I thought it would be fun to start showing off how versatile our blends are and make a super tasty and easy dish, Jamaican Jerk Tacos, Two Way (with and without meat).Print
This recipe is perfect for “mixed dinners” where you have meat-eaters and vegetarians dining together. And who doesn’t love Caribbean cuisine with its great mix of sweet and savory with a nice blast of heat? This is such an easy crowd pleaser, and the vegetarians are going to love they didn’t go to a dinner party and get stuck eating yet another grilled Portabella mushroom. Lets get started…
Note: You will want to do this marinating prep at least a few hours before you’re going to cook, but overnight is best.
- Chicken (enough to fill up how many tacos you want to make)
- Mushrooms (enough to fill up how many tacos you want to make)
- Jamaican Jerk Seasoning (our handmade, organic jerk rub includes brown sugar, sea salt, onion, black pepper, garlic, bird’s eye chili, allspice, coriander, cinnamon, galangal, thyme, clove and nutmeg)
- An orange, lemon, lime or orange or pineapple juice for citrus burst
- Chopped onions (we like to pickle ours)
- Chopping avocado
- Chopped cilantro
- Cheese (optional)
- Corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Cooking oil
- Chop mushrooms and in a bowl add a healthy amount of Jamaican Jerk mix (For 12 ounces of chicken or mushrooms, we recommend one heaping spoonful, but if you don’t like heat, hold back a little), 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and 1 tablespoon of your citrus.
- Mix it all up and place in fridge for at least 3 hours. Do the same for the chicken.
- Once marinated, get a pan sizzling hot and add cooking oil.
- Add chopped mushrooms to the pan. They’re going to cook fast, stir and get a nice sear on them. Once seared, remove from heat. Do the same for the chicken (but make sure to use separate pans and stirring utensils for each if you’re cooking for people with different dietary desires.)
- Warm tortillas one-by-one by throwing in a cast iron skillet and warming over medium-high heat, for about 15 to 30 seconds on each side. Wrap in a towel to keep warm as you warm them all up. (It helps if someone else does this while you cook the mushrooms and chicken).
- Build your tacos with onions, avocado, cilantro and cheese and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 25
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: tacos
- Cuisine: Mexican Caribbean American