No products in the cart
Jeanette’s Scape Butter
Jeanette’s Scape Butter (Garlic Lover’s Butter)
Scape season is hitting many areas around the USA right now! Our cousin Jeanette has a fabulous recipe for scape butter.
This butter can be put on so many things! From classic bread and butter to drizzling on corn and baked potatoes and as a topper to a freshly cooked steak. Some of Jeanette’s favorite ways to use it is to cook it with green beans or slide pieces underneath chicken skin before roasting.
- Prep Time: 15
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Category: butter
- As many scapes as you can find 🙂
- Salted or unsalted butter, depending on your preference – softened
- Organic Buffy’s Slayer Helper (our Garlic Lover’s Seasoning)
(There are no portion sizes because it’s kind of a feel-as-you and pour-as-you-wish recipe)
- Chop the scapes fresh in the food processor (or chop in 1-1.5 inch pieces) and then puree.
- Add softened butter in a bowl and toss in some pinches of Buffy’s Slayer Helper. Mix well.
- Put butter mixture in a ziplock bag or freezer-safe container and flatten to form it, then freeze to harden.