No products in the cart
Thanks to one of our amazing customers, Jennifer, for this beauty of a recipe for jerk chicken, using our organic Jamaican Jerk seasoning. It’s time to get grilling…
- 1 and 1/4 pound chicken drumsticks
- 2 Tablespoons Jamaican Jerk chicken seasoning
- 1/2 Scotch Bonnet or Habanero chili pepper, seeds and ribs removed, minced. Tip: Wear gloves when handling hot peppers.
- 1/4 cup neutral oil, such as canola
- 1/2 cup of hickory smoking chips, soaked for 30 minutes, placed in a smoker box toward the back of the grill (optional, but highly recommended)
- Juice of 1 lime – Tip: Rolling the lime firmly on the counter a few times will help release the juices.
- Lime wedges for serving
- Recommended side: Grilled corn on the cob with butter, Kosher salt and Aleppo pepper.
- Recommended dipping sauce: Pineapple and brown sugar. Heres a few recipes to check that out: The Recipe Rebel’s recipe, Whisk Affair’s recipe, Out Grilling’s recipe, and Juggling Act Mama’s recipe
- Whisk together the seasoning, oil, chili pepper and lime juice.
- Place the chicken in a shallow casserole or a zipper top bag. Add the marinade and coat the chicken well. Marinate 2 hours. Give the chicken a turn or a shake every 30 minutes.
- Preheat and clean the grill. Once the grill registers 400F drain off and dispose of the marinade, lightly spray the grates with a high heat, neutral oil such as canola and add the chicken and the smoker box (if using). Close the lid and maintain a grill temperature between 350 and 400F for 25 minutes, turning the chicken once, or until an instant read thermometer registers 165F when inserted into the thickest part of the meat without touching the bone.
- Move chicken to a clean plate, tent with foil and allow to rest 3-5 minutes.
I recommend to serving with grilled corn on the cob brushed with slightly melted butter and sprinkled with kosher salt and Pinch Spice Market Aleppo pepper flakes. I also recommend whisking up a pineapple-brown sugar dipping sauce (see link to recipes above). Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: chicken
- Method: grilling/BBQ
- Cuisine: Caribbean