This well seasoned kebab will pull you right out of your regular weeknight dinner woes, and it’s almost as fast as dialing for takeout! Serve with some store bought hummus and a refreshing Mediterranean salad (pictured here), or have it over rice. Whatever floats your boat!
- Skewers – 6 count (If you have wooden skewers, you will want to soak them in water for a minimum of 30 minutes. I was industrious enough to have some packages of chopsticks lying around from Chinese takeout. These work just fine, but I’d definitely still soak them in water. If you want to skip kebabing all together, you can absolutely make these into meatballs instead.)
- 1 pound ground lamb (you can substitute chicken, turkey, beef, or any ground meat or mock meat)
- 1 Tablespoon of Pinch’s Advieh Khoresh
- 1 Tablespoon of Buffy’s Slayer Helper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Place skewers in a bowl, pan or ziplock bag submerged with water for 30 min.
- While the skewers are soaking, in a medium bowl, combine the ground lamb and seasonings
- Separate the lamb mixture into 6 equal parts
- With clean hands, form each one part of the lamb mixture around the skewer leaving some room at the top and bottom of the skewer. The final product should be around 1 inch wide and 4-5 inches long
- Place kofta kebabs on a parchment lined or well oiled baking sheet and put in the preheated oven
- Bake kebabs for 15 minutes
- Remove from oven, then turn the kebabs so the part on the baking sheet now faces upward. Cook 15 more minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes, then serve.
- Category: kabobs
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern