No products in the cart
Meet the perfect app for Dune lovers! P.S. This is just one of the recipes in our Dune dinner party series, which includes:
- The Spice Must Flow Cinnamon Chicken Roulade (with Turmeric Rice “Dunes” & Tzatziki Sauce)
- “Tell Me of Your Home World, Usul” Broccoli and Zucchini vegan dish
- “Boxes of Pain” brownies for your Dune dessert, and our
- “Water of Life” Empress Gin Cocktail
Check out the dinner party video at the end for how awesome it looks when it all comes together.
“Muad’Dib” Prosciutto-Wrapped Dune Dates
A delicious Dune-themed appetizer for fans (um, that’s totally us – have you met our (real) Spice Melange?) super excited about the new movie coming out October 22, 2021!
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 15-20
- Total Time: 45-50 minutes
- Yield: About 24 1x
- Category: Dune dinner party
- 2–4 ounces of goat cheese, any flavor is fine. I used a honey flavored goat cheese, but you can go more sweet, more savory, or plain.
- 24 ounces pitted Medjool dates. If you want to make your life harder, you can get dates with pits in them and pit them yourself, but you’d be a better person than I.
- 1 package (5.39oz) sliced smoked prosciutto, sliced in thirds. I ended up getting 27 pieces out of the package I got.
- Optional: Sliced almonds. These should be whole as we are using them to make mouse ears.
- Preheat oven to 375
- Using a butter knife (or your clean fingers,) stuff each pitted date with a teaspoon or so of goat cheese. The date should still be able to close a bit.
- Cut Prosciutto into thirds. Wrap each date in 1/3rd slice and set on an aluminum foil or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Using a sharp pointed knife, carefully make holes for the “ears,” and put the almond slices pointed side down into the holes. This is a labor of love. At one point, I was like, oh… I’ve made this hard, but that’s also why we used brownie mix earlier (for our “Boxes of Pain” dessert). It all comes out in the wash.
- Bake 15-20 minutes at 375 being careful that the almonds do not get too brown. Place on a tray and serve.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 72
- Sugar: 5.4g
- Sodium: 246mg
- Fat: 2.8g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Carbohydrates: 6.6g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 5.6g
- Cholesterol: 15mg