Ready for comfort food with some bright carrots? (Is that really a question?) When you want comfort pasta, but you aren’t feeling like red sauce and you also don’t want to eat a gluey-thick alfredo… this is the perfect dish.
We made this last night for a family Valentine’s Day dinner. My mom was in town visiting and we had just come home from a wonderful museum tour (if you’re ever in Louisville, check out the Conrad-Caldwell Castle). It was a cold day, and by the time we got back we were all a little wiped from being on our feet. We (ok this was all Thomas) whipped up this meal and it was a crowd pleaser. It’s also an easy meal to make vegetarian if you cut the chicken.
- Coat chicken with olive oil and Finger Lickin’ Chicken spice mix
- Star boiling water for pasta. Grill chicken until cooked, wrap in foil to keep warm, and set aside.
- Cook pasta as you make the sauce
- Saute mushrooms in 1 tbs of butter and Sizzling Steak spice mix until brown, set off to the side
- In hot pan, add flour and remaining butter and saute until browned
- Slowly add vegetable stock and half and half to the mixture and simmer until thickened. Stir constantly.
- Pour cream and mushrooms over pasta and top with sliced chicken
- Top with basil and serve
- Category: Pasta, Chicken
- Cuisine: Italian
Bright carrots with a tiny bit of kick.
- 6 carrots sliced
- 1 tbsp La Dulce Vita spice mix
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Heat oven to 425
- Mix carrots and olive oil with La Dulce Vita
- Bake in oven for about 30 minutes
- Category: vegetables
- Cuisine: vegetarian