No products in the cart
Nashville Hot Chik’n Sliders (Vegan and Alternatives)
That’s some hot stuff, Maynard! These little chik’n sliders can be vegan, vegetarian, or just regular ol’ chicken. The spicy sweet oil makes for a lip-burning good time!
- Yield: 8 small sandwiches 1x
Ingredients for Patties
- 16 ounces plant-based chik’n grind – If not vegetarian or vegan, you can also use ground chicken or ground turkey.
- 3 Tablespoons garbanzo bean (chickpea) flour – You can replace the garbanzo bean flour and water with one egg.
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon Wings of Doom Spice Blend
- 1 teaspoon Buffy’s Slayer Helper Spice Blend
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Ingredients For Dredge
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk
- 1/2 cup neutral oil – Peanut, canola, or grapeseed oil have a good high smoke point for frying
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar – coconut sugar works well, too.
Vegan Remoulade Not featured in the picture, but highly recommended. Just mix it all together and spread it or dip it!
- 3 Tablespoons vegan mayo
- 1 Tablespoon coarse dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Blackened Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon sweet relish
- In a small bowl, mix together garbanzo bean flour and water until well combined. Set aside.
- Mix the grounds, 1 teaspoon Wings of Doom, Buffy’s Slayer Helper, salt, and pepper together until well combined. Add the garbanzo bean and water mixture and mix to combine.
- In three separate shallow dishes, lay out flour, plant based milk, and panko bread crumbs.
- Create 8 individual patties of the chik’n mixture and set aside.
- For each patty, cover in flour, then milk, flour, and then panko crumbs. Repeat for each of the 8 patties until each one is coated.
- Heat up oil in a 10-inch cast iron or non-stick skillet on medium heat. The temp should be around 350, but you can tell oil is ready if you drop a pinch of flour in it and it starts sizzling.
- Once oil is hot, add 4 of the patties one at a time. Be careful to not overcrowd the pan as this can bring down the temperature of the oil. Repeat for the next 4 patties. Drain patties on a paper towel or a wire rack.
- In a heat safe bowl, add 2 Tablespoons of Wings of Doom spice and 2 Tablespoons brown sugar. Add 4 Tablespoons (or so) of the hot oil to the spice and sugar mixture. Mix to combine. Hot Oil disclaimer: I shouldn’t have to add “carefully” but I will say “carefully” here for potentially legal reasons.
- Brush the spiced oil mixture on the patties, and serve on sliced rolls, garnish with a pickle and the optional vegan remoulade sauce to cool it down.