This pie is anything but basic, however it is so easy to put together, there’s no reason not to make it. This filling can also be used sans crust as a dip for fruit, pretzels, or graham crackers. It can also be vegan and/or sugar free! It’s one of my favorites to include for my friends who have dietary restrictions, because everyone should have some pie!
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 box vanilla pudding – You can opt for sugar-free pudding as a light or diabetic option
- 1/4 cup milk (dairy or plant-based)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces whipped topping dairy, or dairy-free and sugar-free is also an option here!
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee (caffeinated or decaf both work)
- 1 pre-made graham cracker crust, or any blind-baked crust of your choice
- In a medium bowl, mix the pumpkin puree, box of pudding, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract and milk together until smooth.
- Gently fold in the whipped topping and coffee crystals.
- Pour mixture into the crust and refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.
- Top with more coffee crystals and spice to decorate, and serve with more whipped cream, because WHY THE HECK NOT?
- Category: desserts
- Method: no bake