No products in the cart
October Couscous (Warm) Salad | Packed with Green & Orange Veggies
October Couscous (Warm) Salad | Green & Orange Veggie Theme
Perfect for a chilly night where you are craving something comforting but healthy. Persian/Iranian flavors with a ton of veggies.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 people 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: Iranian, Persian
- 4–5 handfuls of spinach (or more if you want)
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 green apples, diced
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 1 cup dry couscous
- 1–2 Tablespoons of our organic Persian and Iranian Stew Spice, Advieh Khoresh
- 1–2 Tablespoons organic dried parsley
- Dash or two of lemon juice
- Salt (I like French grey salt for this)
- Ground organic black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Toss veggies and apples in olive oil, add in a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Roast at 400 for 15-20 minutes until softened and browned.
- Make a cup of dry couscous according to package instructions – just add the Advieh Khoresh organic seasoning to the water and oil before you boil it.
Grab the spinach and toss in a big hot pan with a little olive oil and water. Cook until softened/glistening.
- Combine everything together. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and a dash or two of lemon juice to taste. Top with parsley and enjoy.