No products in the cart
I duped this recipe from a restaurant in my home town, Urban Cafe KC, since I live all the way on the west coast, now. It is sweet, spicy, and full of good stuff to get you through the start of your day. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do, and don’t forget to support local restaurants!
- 3/4 cup milk – dairy or plant based
- 3 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 Tablespoons agave – You can also use honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon organic pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup precooked sweet potato – I steam mine on high for 10–15 minutes in the pressure cooker, but you can also use baked or boiled potatoes
- Pinch of salt
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, milk, chia seeds, agave, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Stir for 1 minute to give the chia a start to gel and separate. Skipping this step leads to giant clumps of chia seeds which isn’t pleasant for anyone.
- In two 8-ounce mason jars, or in a sealable container, layer the oats mixture add sweet potato, and then top with remaining oat mixture.
- Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Hence, the name!
- Remove the lid and serve!
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: breakfast
- Method: refrigeraton
- Cuisine: American