No products in the cart
Pinch Yo’ Mama Chili (and Chili Dogs)
Pinch Yo Mama Chili is chunky and spicy. It has just the right amount of heat with a little bit of sweet. It’s easy to make vegetarian (by omitting the meat and adding roasted sweet potatoes, zucchini and onions) and is also perfect to pair with hot dogs or fries.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 60-90
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 mins - 1 hour 40 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings 1x
- Category: Chili
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 large sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 32 ounces V-8 or tomato juice
- 1 large can diced tomatoes (not petite)
- 1 large can tomato sauce
- 2 cans Bush’s chili beans
- 2 cans black beans
- 2 Tablespoons Pinch Yo’ Mama Cajun spice blend
- 2 Tablespoons Organic Chili Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Organic Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Organic Oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoons Organic Ground Pepper
Note: All steps for making the sauce need to be stirred frequently (scraping the bottom of the stock pot) or the ingredients will stick to the bottom of the pan and burn.
- Cook ground chuck and the coarsely chopped onion over medium heat until meat is brown and onions are soft. Drain and set aside.
- While meat is cooking, add V-8 juice, tomatoes, tomato sauce and spices to large stock pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low boil, boiling uncovered for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add beans (do not drain). Cook on high stirring frequently until it returns to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook for 20 minutes, continuing to stir.
- Add meat and onions. Cook on high until it returns to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook 30+ minutes, continuing to stir frequently until thick, dark in color and tomatoes are no longer firm, then enjoy.
To make to top on chili dogs or fries, simmer leftovers uncovered in a sauce pan, stirring frequently until desired consistency, about 10-20 minutes.