We’ve made it out of the “casserole phase” of the pandemic, and now we’re trying to eat a little lighter. Plus we just got an Always Pan from Our Place, so we were itching to make a one-pot meal with it. This dish hit the spot – it’s tasty, filling and low calorie (we peg this at about 260 calories a serving for the chicken version, a bit less for vegan version). We were surprised how easy, fast and yummy it was ~ enjoy!
- 32 ounces (1 box) chicken broth (or veggie broth)
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1.5 cup shredded carrots, 2-3 carrots
- 1.5 teaspoons Ras El Hanout (or curry powder would be great too)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed (or 10 ounces [1 bag] of Morningstar Farms Veggie Meal Starters Chik’n Strips)
- 1.5 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup cous cous
- salt to taste
- Bring a non stick saucepan (with lid) to medium heat, add carrots and cook for a minute or two, then add Ras El Hanout and stir to combine for 15-30 seconds until spices become fragrant. Add tomatoes, stir for another minute.
- Add broth and bring to a light simmer, then toss in the chickpeas and cooked chicken and simmer, covered for 5 minutes.
- Stir in arugula and cous cous. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Add salt to taste (just a tad) before serving.
- Category: stew
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Moroccan