No products in the cart
Reverse Seared Steak with Sizzling Steak Seasoning
I originally stumbled on this reverse searing method for cooking steak when I was trying to make perfect steaks for 8 people.
Reverse searing is a simple process that yields perfectly cooked steaks inside and out. You first warm the steak just below your desired temp and then sear the steak to finish it. You can use a grill or cast iron pan on the stovetop to sear the steak.
Our Sizzling Steak seasoning was made for this method and will yield flavorful steaks that will blow your friends and family away.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Total Time: 0 hours
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: Steak
- Cuisine: American
- Preheat oven to 225F
- Set your grill up for high heat direct grilling if finishing on the grill
- Rub the steak with Sizzling Steak on all sides
- Place steak on a wire wrack and baking sheet and bake until you have the temperature is 5-10 degrees below your desired final temperature (Rare = 120-125; Medium Rare =130-135; Medium = 135-140; Well/Well Done = This method is not applicable). I prefer medium rare so I pull the steak at 122F.
- If you are not grilling the steak, heat a cast iron pan on high until pan is searing hot.
- On the grill or in the cast iron, sear the steak on each side (1-2 minutes per side) to brown significantly and finish the steak. This will render some of the fat and leave you with a nice crust.
- When the steak is seared, remove from heat and top with butter (highly recommend our recipe for compound butter above).
- Tent with foil and let rest for 10 minutes, then serve.
- Serving Size: 1