No products in the cart
Roasted Veggie & Quinoa Meal Prep
While I am not a huge fan of meal prepping, (I have a hard time eating the same thing days in a row,) there is something to be said to having a quick and healthy meal available at a moment’s notice.
This protein and veggie packed prep is good for vegans to meat eaters and everyone in between. It’s sweet, savory, and a little spicy kick!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 45 min - 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 5 servings 1x
- 2 cups cabbage, chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups white potatoes, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup green pepper, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup butternut squash, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup carrots, diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 whole jalapeño, minced. Remove the pith and the seeds for mildest flavor.
- 1–2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Buffy’s Slayer Helper
- 1 teaspoon Spicy Lime Salt
- 1 1/4 cup quinoa, rinsed until water is clear.
- 2 1/2 cup water (or follow instructions on the package of quinoa)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Prepare all of the veggies and lay them out on a large foil liked sheet pan with sides. Add the Buffy’s Slayer Helper, Spicy Lime Salt and Olive Oil to the veggies and use your hands or a large spatula to coat the veggies completely.
- In the preheated to 375 degree oven, roast for 30 minutes.
- While the veggies are roasting, prepare the quinoa by adding the rinsed quinoa and water into a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Do not cover the sauce pan with a lid. Bring up to boiling, then reduce heat and simmer until all the water is absorbed, 15-20 minutes. Then remove from heat and top with lid for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, remove lid and fluff with a fork. Or, you can cheat like me and use a rice cooker.
- Remove vegetables from the oven and carefully stir them to make sure they are cooking evenly. Place back into the oven at 15 minute intervals until your desired roastiness.
- When the mixture has cooled for 10-15 minutes, in a large bowl, add the quinoa and veggies. Stir to combine and add your desired level of salt and pepper.
- In 5 containers, add about a cup and a half (or around 10 oz if you have a handy kitchen scale,) and refrigerate or freeze. I use quart freezer bags, laying them out flat so they freeze evenly. You can then just pop them in the microwave for 3-4 minutes for a quick meal.
- Serve with your favorite hummus, slices of avocado, or on its own. Makes a great quick side dish, as well.