Pork chops are my kryptonite… as in, I always make them too dry. I came into some beautiful chops, and decided I was going to do it right and put the time in to brine these bad boys. What a difference! They were flavorful, juicy, and a great addition to our Sunday night rotation.
- The day before, in a gallon storage bag (enter brand name here,) or a shallow dish with a lid, add water, sugar, salt, and seasonings and mix until sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Add pork chops and seal bag. place in a second bag or shallow dish, and let sit overnight in the fridge.
- When you are ready to cook, preheat oven to 400, remove chops from brine and pat dry. Discard brine.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tsp Sweet and Sassy Pork seasoning onto each side of the chops.
- Place on a lined sheet pan and place in 400 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip chops, and cook for 5 more minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.
- Let rest for 10 minutes for juices to stay in all the right places.
- Category: meat
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American