No products in the cart
Tofu Tikka Masala (Vegan)
Vegan Tofu Tikka Masala
A warm bowl of this savory and rich curry will have you asking “what even is meat?” Rounding out this Veganuary with another plant based meal and a good rotation to your meal planning!
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Cuisine: Indian
- 2 Tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 15.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 13.5 ounce can coconut cream
- 1 block of extra firm tofu
- 2 cups potatoes, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup carrots, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoons tikka masala spice
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- Green onions, 2-3 chopped (just the lighter parts)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Rice and/or flatbread to accompany the dish
- In a large pot, add vegan butter and onions at medium heat. Season with salt and pepper. Sautée until translucent.
- Add Tikka Masala spice and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes or until caramelized.
- Add diced tomatoes and coconut cream. Bring up to a boil then turn off heat.
- In a heat-proof blender, put in mixture and blend until smooth. Then, transfer back into the pot.
- Add tofu, potatoes and carrots. Bring up to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat and add frozen peas. When peas are warmed through, serve over rice, or with your favorite flatbread. Or BOTH. Sprinkle green onions on top as a garnish.