Gravy is the thing that makes Thanksgiving dinner come together. Why should vegetarians be left out of this key component of the yearly feast? Gravy is pretty simple, and with the addition of our Friends and Family Spice Blend you’ll find even the most carnivorous guest will be pouring this delicious gravy over their plate.
- 1/3 cup of butter or margerine
- 1/3 cup of all purpose flour
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1–2 Tablespoons of Friends and Family Blend
- 1 pinch of salt (optional)
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add flour and whisk for about 2 minutes, you want to toast the flour. It should turn a golden brown color.
- Gradually whisk in the vegetable stock, making sure to continually stir the gravy.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer until thickened
- Add Friends and Family spice blend and cook for an additional 2 minutes continuing to stir the gravy
- Add a pinch of salt to taste
- Serve warm in your favorite gravy boat