No products in the cart
La Dulce Vita Vegetarian Sausage Pasta Sauce
Whether you’re a vegetarian or carnivore, you are going to love this sauce. Seriously, some of our meatiest carnivore friends have been wowed by this dish. It can also be made vegan by omitting the butter in the sauce (or by using a plant-based butter) and a vegan noodle option.
The star of this show is our La Dulce Vita spice blended with TVP (texture vegetable protein) that creates Italian “sausage”. We often double this recipe for four people because it gets gobbled up and it makes for great leftovers.
- Prep Time: 30 with sauce prep
- Cook Time: 1 to 4 hours
- Total Time: 0 hours
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: pasta
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
- Mix hot water and TVP in a bowl, cover and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Add olive oil and La Dulce Vita, Mix to fully incorporate. Let sit for another 15 to 30 minutes
- Heat a large sauce pan on medium high, add enough oil to coat the pan, and brown the “sausage” mixture. It should take about 5-10 minutes. Stir regularly, brown evenly.
- When throughly browned, add pasta sauce and cook for an additional 15-30 minutes.
- Serve over you favorite pasta with parmesan, breadcrumbs or nutritional yeast.