No products in the cart
Easy Pasta Salad with Perfect Balance of Tangy, Sweet & a Tiny Bit Spicy
Why do I think about lunch SO HARD when I work from home? Today I couldn’t get pasta salad out of my mind. So I made one using the frozen veggies I had. I love it with our organic La Dulce Vita seasoning, which basically tastes like really good Italian sausage sans the sausage, but you could use any seasoning you like.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: lunch
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
(double this recipe if you’re making for the week)
- 1/2 of a 1lb box of orecchiette (or any pasta you have on hand)
- 3–4 handfuls of your favorite frozen veggies (I used a handful of frozen peas + half a bag of Trader Joe’s Soycutash, which has edamame, red bell peppers and corn)
- 1–2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes, quartered or halved (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons La Dulce Vita seasoning (or any seasoning of your choice)
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1.5 teaspoons white vinegar (or regular)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup pasta water
- Cook pasta according to directions. Strain —save 1 cup of pasta water— then toss with olive oil & let cool in a large bowl.
- Cook frozen veggies according to stovetop directions. Set aside & cool.
- Put tomatoes in a medium-low hot pan with 1 Tablespoon olive oil. Cook for about 4-6 minutes until medium soft, set aside to cool.
- Make sauce: Whisk together: Sour cream, mayo, vinegar, sugar, pasta water & La Dulce seasoning.
- Pour veggies, sauce and tomatoes over the pasta. Stir and sprinkle more La Dulce seasoning in if desired. I think it tastes its best when it sits in fridge for a few hours. Makes fabulous leftovers for lunch through the week!