No products in the cart
The “What Happened to Whole Foods’ Vegan Chik’n Salad?” Vegan (or not) Chicken Salad Recipe
Meaghan here with a vegetarian confession. Sometimes I crave chicken salad and I go to Whole Foods for their vegan chick’n salad. A few months ago I got the hankering, went up there and… it tasted all off to me. Did they change the recipe or maybe it was just my store having a bad day?
Anyway, yesterday was a fabulous day for us, but extremely exhausting. By 2pm I NEEDED A VEGAN CHIK’N SALAD.
I was car-less and didn’t feel like riding my bike a dozen miles to go get some “maybe ok” chick’n salad at Whole Foods (or accidentally spending as much money as I usually do there)…so I made my own and I have to say I’m very pleased!
Our new That’s Shallotta Flavor seasoning was PERFECT for this assignment. (Easily make this for carnivores by using real chicken and non vegan mayo)…
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: meat alternative
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups cooked vegan chicken – we used Sweet Earth Foods’ Mindful Chik’n Plant-Based Strips (or use real cooked chicken if you prefer)
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 1 cup @followyourheart Vegenaise – we like the soy-free one (or use mayo made with eggs if you prefer that)
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard (Do you have any Grey Poupon?)
- 2 Tablespoons organic parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of our That’s Shallotta Flavor Herb & Shallot Organic Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon organic celery seed
- Few splashes of lemon juice to taste
- Organic fresh-ground black Malabar pepper to taste
- Optional spinach or greens as a base
Toss everything in a big bowl and mix.
Can eat right away, but gets even better after it sits in the fridge for a few hours.