Hummus is one of my favorite dishes that is so easy to make at home (and when you make it fresh, it’s so much better than store-bought brands). For this recipe you will need a blender, or food processor.
- 1 can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1/4 cup of tahini
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 clove of garlic or a teaspoon of minced garlic (optional)
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1–2 tablespoons of Za’atar Spice Blend
- To get started drain and rinse the chickpeas. It is definitely worth the time to take the skin off the chickpeas. Just pinch the skin and the bean will pop out. I do this over a separate bowl and discard the skins.
- Add the tahini and lemon juice to your blender or processor, and blend for 45 seconds. It will get really thick and creamy, and will smell absolutely divine.
- If you are adding garlic, now would be a good time to do so.
- Add half the chickpeas and blend until smooth
- Drizzle in half the oil and blend for 5 seconds.
- Add the rest of the chickpeas and blend until incorporated
- Add the rest of the olive oil and blend until smooth
- Add Za’atar, stir with a spoon and enjoy!
This is ready to serve, but will stay fresh covered in the fridge for a week or so.
- Category: hummus
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern