No products in the cart
Za’atar Hummus Recipe
Hummus is one of my favorite dishes that is so easy to make at home (and when you make it fresh, it’s so much better than store-bought brands). For this recipe you will need a blender, or food processor.
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Category: hummus
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- 1 can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1/4 cup of tahini
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 clove of garlic or a teaspoon of minced garlic (optional)
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1–2 tablespoons of Za’atar Spice Blend
- To get started drain and rinse the chickpeas. It is definitely worth the time to take the skin off the chickpeas. Just pinch the skin and the bean will pop out. I do this over a separate bowl and discard the skins.
- Add the tahini and lemon juice to your blender or processor, and blend for 45 seconds. It will get really thick and creamy, and will smell absolutely divine.
- If you are adding garlic, now would be a good time to do so.
- Add half the chickpeas and blend until smooth
- Drizzle in half the oil and blend for 5 seconds.
- Add the rest of the chickpeas and blend until incorporated
- Add the rest of the olive oil and blend until smooth
- Add Za’atar, stir with a spoon and enjoy!
This is ready to serve, but will stay fresh covered in the fridge for a week or so.