Blackening is a very simple technique that is a crowd pleaser. This works well with fish, thin chicken cutlets, thin cut pork chops, firm pressed tofu. Lets talk about making perfect blackened fish:
- Coat the fish with Blackened seasoning mix on both sides.
- Get a cast iron pan screaming hot and add 2 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Add the fish and cook for about 2 minutes, depending on the size of the filet. You want the edges on the pan side to begin to pull up, and look cooked.
- With a large spatula flip and cook on the other side for about a minute to a minute and a half.
- Remove from heat and let rest for a few minutes before serving.
- We like to serve this with our Buffy’s Slayer Helper Remoulade.
Organic, No Salt
Origin: Louisville, KY
Net weight in a Tin: 1.1 ounce