No products in the cart
Glass Spice Jars (Set of 6 with Labels)
These eco-friendly jars are great for storing spices. We tested SO MANY, and these were the best because they’re:
- plastic-free (glass with metal lids)
- a bit taller/larger than average spice jars (2.3″ wide x 3.8″ tall)
- durable & dishwasher safe (we suggest hand washing lids)
- nice for fitting neatly in cabinets thanks to square edges
- easy to dip spoons in thanks to the wide-mouth opening
- easy to repurpose thanks to the easy-peel labels
The jars are sold in sets of six jars with 12 easy-peel blank spice labels so you can reuse/relabel them. We offer extra labels in sets of 12 for just $1.
Only 5 left in stock (can be backordered)
These larger-than-average plastic-free jars are great for organizing your spice cabinet. Jars comes empty for you to pour our spices in. Each jar is:
- 2.3 inches wide
- 3.8 inches tall
- Square with slightly rounded edges (this square shape optimizes space in your spice cabinet)
- Holds 6 fluid ounces & fits most of our 2, 4 and 6-ounce bulk spice bags. The fit depends on density of spice. For example, salts are more dense than lighter herbs like oregano or parsley. Some sizes of our bulk spice bags will not fully fit in these jars. In that case, just re-seal the bag and store in a dark, cool place, refilling the jar when needed.
For optimal freshness, we recommend keeping these glass jars sealed tight, out of sunlight, and away from heat sources like the oven or microwave.
Why are we still using spice bags if we now offer jars?
We still use flat-pack bags because they are much more eco-friendly to ship (they are much lighter than glass, resulting in a much smaller shipping carbon footprint). We are offering these empty glass and metal lid jars as an add-on for people who prefer to use glass jars while cooking or for storage.
Are they dishwasher friendly?
Yes, the glass jars are dishwasher friendly, however we suggest hand washing/drying the metal lids.
Do they come with labels?
Yes, each set of six jars comes with 12 easy-peel blank labels.
Do the spice jars come with a shaker insert?
No, there is no shaker cap (a plastic cap with holes that fit under the lid). Our jars come with metal lids, which screw tight for freshness and do not have extra room to allow for plastic shaker inserts. Why not? If we were to offer plastic shaker inserts, we would have to have purchased jars with plastic lids that do allow that extra room. We don’t want to do that because we’re always working to reduce the use of plastic in our business for Earth-friendly reasons (reduced use of plastic is also something the majority of our customers have said they want). Also, as a side note…when you use shakers over a steamy stove or dish, moisture often gets into the spice jar and that affects its quality.
We think you’ll enjoy these wide-mouth jars. We tested them extensively ourselves, and with friends and customers. We found they’re easy to dip measuring spoons in or tip to the side and gently shake the spices into your recipes, and they fit great in cabinets.