No products in the cart
Taste of Louisville Gift Bag | 6 Organic Spices
We’re proud to have moved to Louisville KY in 2018. We’ve fallen in love with the city, its people and its vibrant neighborhoods. We’re honoring a few neighborhoods with this gift bag which includes a nice green burlap bag and handcrafted spice blends carefully selected to represent the feel and flavor of the wonderful neighborhood it’s named after (also comes with a card explaining each one):
- Butchertown: A versatile seasoning you’d find behind the counter at a local butcher shop. Great on burgers, steaks, pork chops, stews, chili, beans & as a mild taco seasoning. (aka Brisket Rub)
- Germantown: We added some eclectic rich flavors like fenugreek & coriander to this classic poultry seasoning. Excellent on chicken, roasted vegetables, soups & schnitzel. (aka Finger Lickin’ Chicken)
- The Highlands: A fusion of garlic, cumin, orange zest & pequin chilies to represents the diversity of the restaurants in this neighborhood. Use as a marinade, on beans, chili, shrimp & kabobs. (aka Texas Mojo)
- Old Louisville: This timeless salt blend exudes elegance with flavors of Herbs de Provence & Black Truffle Salt. Great on popcorn, dry-aged steaks, grilled fish and in compound butter. (aka Herbal Salt)
- Portland: Think of the original Port of Louisville and grab this blend inspired by Bay Seasoning. Ideal for grilled fish, crab boils, clam bakes, chowders and chip dips. (aka Bay Seasoning)
- Russel: This spice has a touch of sweet to compliment its Cajun roots, and is a nod to Russel’s beloved soul food restaurants. Great on chicken, pork chops, ribs and veggies. (aka Pinch Your Mama)
Makes a perfect local gift for Louisvillian housewarmings, The Kentucky Derby, corporate gifts for local businesses, and gifts for local foodies, home cooks and anyone who is from or just adores Louisville. If you want to include a gift message, just let us know and we’ll add a handwritten gift tag for free.
In stock (can be backordered)
3 reviews for Taste of Louisville Gift Bag | 6 Organic Spices
All our spice are fresh, organic spices and come from the best certified organic farms in the world. Organic ingredients include:
- Butchertown: Peppercorns, salt, onion granules, sugar, garlic granules, mustard powder, cumin, ancho chili & chipotle chili
- Germantown, aka our Finger Lickin’ Chicken: Garlic, onion, salt, coriander, black pepper, fenugreek, sage, thyme, rosemary & cayenne
- The Highlands, aka our TX Mojo: Black pepper, garlic granules, minced garlic, orange zest, cumin, minced onion, sea salt & pequin chili
- Old Louisville, aka our Herbal Finishing Salt: Sea salt, black lava salt, black truffle salt, basil, rosemary, thyme, parsley, marjoram, lavender & tarragon
- Portland, aka our Bay Seasoning: Sea salt, yellow mustard, chili flakes, ginger, green peppercorns, celery seed, onion, bay leaf, paprika & thyme
- Russel, aka our Pinch Your Mama: Sea salt, cayenne, paprika, garlic, onion, oregano, thyme, pumpkin pie spice, sumac & nutmeg
We proudly handcraft these blends in small batches in our Louisville spice shop. All spices come in a 1/4 cup tin.
We’re a couple-owned small business and proud members of the Louisville Independent Business Alliance (LIBA) and The Highlands Commerce Guild. #ShopLocal
We offer bulk discounts, just contact us to chat about it.
Lindsey Palmer –
My mom who lives in Louisville now got a kick out of it and says she uses the spices all the time
Carol M. (verified owner) –
I won the Taste of Louisville box in a raffle at the Tyler Park Jazz Festival, and have thoroughly enjoyed them. The spices are fresh and pungent. I love that each mix creatively captures the flavor of a Louisville neighborhood. I’ve used them on roasted veggies, grilled meat and fish, and in soups. They make it easy to kick everything up a notch. I’ve since ordered a total of 4 more boxes to give as gifts!
Dan (verified owner) –
We received the Taste of Louisville gift bag as a Christmas present and haven’t stopped using it. We have enjoyed the Butchertown and Germantown mixes so much that we ordered 4 ounce bags of each. We used them on steaks, burgers vegetables and chicken. Fantastic blends!