No products in the cart
Global Fusion Chili ~ Vegan and Delicious
Another tasty recipe from our customer and amazing cook Tina: Inspired by flavors from around the world, you won’t be thinking about what’s missing in this vegan recipe! A fusion of Thai, African, Indian, Mexican and Southern comfort food makes for a (surprise) party in your mouth.
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 servings 1x
- 1 cup TVP (textured vegetable protein)
- 3 cups “no chicken” or vegetable broth
- 2 Tablespoons EVOO
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, mashed or minced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- ½ cup celery, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons ginger, smashed into paste
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoons Tandoori spice
- 1 Tablespoon Ceylon Cacao chili powder
- 1 large jalapeño, sliced
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- ¾ cup peanut satay (from a jar) or peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
- 1 Tablespoon liquid aminos
- 1 Tablespoon sriracha
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 can coconut milk or coconut cream
- 1 can white beans, such as cannellini, drained
- 1 can chickpeas/garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 can kidney, drained
- 1 can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 cup canned or fresh pineapple, drained and diced
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ¼ c lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon liquid smoke
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- fresh cilantro
- crushed, salted peanuts
- Soak the TVP in a bowl with 1 cup broth.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons EVOO on medium in large, heavy saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until barely caramelized.
- Add red pepper, celery, ginger paste and tomato paste and sauté until veggies are softened.
- Add the Tandoori and Cacao Chili Powder spices, then the remaining 2 cups broth.
- Add jalapeño, carrots, peanut satay or peanut butter, liquid aminos, sriracha, and brown sugar. Simmer about 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, all the beans, both cans of tomatoes and pineapple chunks. Simmer about 5 minutes.
- Add the soaked TVP and stir well. Bring to a boil while stirring frequently.
- Simmer on low about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the nutritional yeast, lime juice and liquid smoke. Taste, adding salt and white pepper to your preference.
- Top with fresh cilantro and crushed peanuts.