No products in the cart
“Box of Pain” Brownie Bites | Dune-Themed Dinner Party Dessert
Make the perfect dessert to celebrate the new Dune movie coming out on HBO Max and in theaters Oct 22, 2021! These brownies need to made a day in advance (they need to freeze overnight) so just keep that in mind.
Psst…This is just one of the recipes in our Dune dinner party menu. Here’s the other dishes so you can make a whole meal out of it…(take a look at the video below for how it looks when it all comes together):
- The Spice Must Flow Cinnamon Chicken Roulade (with Turmeric Rice “Dunes” & Tzatziki Sauce)
- Muad’Dib Prosciutto-Wrapped Dates appetizer
- Tell Me of Your Home World, Usul Broccoli and Zucchini vegan dish
- Water of Life Empress Gin Cocktail
“Box of Pain” Dune Brownie Bites
A sweet chocolate treat with some kick for your Dune viewing party…
- Prep Time: 30 minutes + freeze overnight
- Cook Time: 26-28 minutes
- Total Time: 58 minutes
- Yield: 36 small brownies 1x
- Category: Dune dinner party
- Method: baking and freezing
- Cuisine: dessert
- 1 box (18.3 oz) brownie mix. Can you make the brownies from scratch? Sure! But, you’re doing a lot of cooking for this party. Why not make it easier on yourself? You deserve it. And, anyway, I used Duncan, so, that fits the theme?
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons milk (I used chocolate cashew milk, but you can use whatever you have on hand… or water)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon Birds Eye Chili Powder depending on how painful you want it to be… fear is the mind killer
- 2 teaspoons Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Optional: Flake salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Line a greased 8x8in baking dish with parchment paper.
- Pour in the brownie mixture and spread to all corners until smooth on top.
- Bake for 26-28 minutes at 350 degrees
- Remove from oven and let cool for 30 min-1 hour. Place pan in freezer overnight.
- The next day, remove the pan from the freezer and carefully remove the brownie and the parchment paper from the pan.
- Remove the parchment and cut the edges off of the brownie. Cut into 36 1-inch pieces.
- Melt the semisweet chocolate in a small bowl by microwaving for 1 minute, then in 30 second intervals until melted.
- Using two forks or chopsticks, dip each frozen brownie in the chocolate and set on a baking sheet lined with wax or parchment paper.
- Top with flake salt and return to the freezer. Remove from the freezer and add to your serving tray 1 hour before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 197
- Sugar: 6.1g
- Sodium: 122mg
- Fat: 10.1
- Saturated Fat: 4.3
- Carbohydrates: 27.7g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 14mg